The New Year is finally here! If you have added improving your health and fitness to your New Year’s resolutions, the four tips below are an excellent place to begin—and are suitable for individuals of all levels of fitness. So let's take a look at these 5 Tips to Maximize Your Gym Results and Stay Healthy in the New Year
Make an Investment In Your Fitness
With the New Year often comes the lowest prices for of the year when it comes to investing financially in your health—because many fitness products are available at drastically discounted prices. Now is an excellent time to:
- Sign up for a gym membership
- Purchase new equipment for your home gym
- Sign up for a subscription to a workout website or app
- Stock up on nutritional supplements and workout supplements, such as whey protein
- Invest in new workout and fitness gear
- Invest in cookbooks, workout DVDs, or educational books
Create Specific Fitness Goals
When it comes to New Year’s resolutions regarding physical fitness and health are quite popular, but are often too vague. To make this year the year that you finally achieve success—create specific goals that have milestones along the way. A few ideas for these goals may be:
- Losing weight and burning off excess body fat
- Working out harder and longer, helping build your body’s endurance for a more intense workout.
- Increase your number of repetitions with each passing set
- Working out to grow muscle mass and tone your body
- Identifying new healthy (but tasty) go-to meals
Look For Ways To Make Health And Fitness Fun
There is no doubt about it; change is challenging—but that does not mean that health and fitness can’t be fun. So that your healthy new lifestyle feels less like a burden, look for ways to make it fun such as:
- Identify workouts that don’t feel like workouts—such as hiking, dancing, or playing a sport
- Join a farm share and learn how to prepare the produce you are unfamiliar with
- Buy a juicer and/or blender and try out tasty recipes
- Workout with a group, so that you can socialize while getting healthy
- Experiment with different flavors of whey protein for nutrition—to personalized your smoothies and juice
Identify the Best Ways To Recover After Your Workout
One of the most important things to understand about your fitness routine, is how your body responds to your healthy new lifestyle. For example, you sweat while you work out, meaning that it is essential to drink plenty of fluids before and after your workout and a minimal amount of fluids during your workout. You must also learn which daily nutritional snacks and workout supplements best support your individual needs, and how muscle building supplements such as whey protein are essential for recovery and repair. Even if your goal is not to bulk up, muscle building supplements will help to repair your body after physical exertion.
Track Your Progress with Mobile Fitness Apps
More and more people are turning to fitness and health apps to help them stay on their game and keep track of their progress. With a variety of apps to choose from, your smartphone can become your go-to source for counting calories, timing your intervals or gaining some last minute motivation to finish your workout strong.
Think of your weak areas when it comes to fitness when choosing what apps to download. If you have trouble motivating yourself to get to the gym each day, try Nike’s Training Club or Running apps. Nike’s apps allow you to compare your training stats and share workout tips with friends and athletes to see just how you stack up. Looking for a more efficient way to track what you are putting in your body? Give MyFitnessPal or Inlivo a try to track your nutrition and help you discover healthier eating habits. No matter what your fitness goals are, there are sure to be thousands of apps you can choose from that can help make your life healthier in 2015.
The four tips above can be used to help you create your healthy new lifestyle—one small step at a time. Make this year a year of results by including the muscle growing sports nutrition supplements from G6 Sports. Using only the best raw ingredients available, G6 Sport’s line of power-packed, nutrient rich products help your body primed for performance and make the most of any workout. Follow us on Instagram to learn more and try one of our products today and discover for yourself why G6 Sports continues to shock the industry with the best sports supplements available.